Wednesday, March 21, 2018

From the Wall Street Journal. Wednesday March 21 2018




The extraordinary legal battle between the president of the
United States and a former adult-film star has been building
for seven years.


A president who won’t resign
To keep the office like a shrine
To all who worship still our state
Of probity, is tempting fate.


No man or woman should presume
That office has such wiggle room
That they can do just as they please
And sport about like loose trained fleas.


When such a person still persists
in keeping idiotic trysts
I think the country ought to be
Prepared to stage a mutiny.





Presidents who don’t behave,
To pleasure still are just a slave,
Deserve to have their ears pinned back
And from our Congress get the sack.



In recent weeks, a frenzy of social-media buzz
whipped Ashley Andersen into a state of jubilation.
A chocolate egg containing a toy, long outlawed in
the U.S., had finally been decriminalized.
At Easter I does always begs
For creamy luscious choc’late eggs.
Nestled in their green grass nest

They are the positively best!

But still I find it hard to swallow

When my choc’late egg is hollow.

Give me nougat, give me jelly --

Something sweet to fill my belly!

Empty choc’late eggs to me

Are just an Easter travesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment