Sunday, March 25, 2018

unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks



. . . unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks.
First Nephi. Chapter Fourteen. Verse 1.


The blocks that I have stumbled over in a long career
Have given me respect for God (and just a touch of fear.)
For I have dealt with obstacles that would not go away
Until I fell upon my knees to plead and sob and pray.
And even then some challenges have never been removed;
I guess they’re meant to chasten me until my faith is proved.
If life were very easy and all barriers did cease,
My faith would surely dwindle and my pride would then increase.
So I will not complain about the stumbling blocks I face
(but in this game of life, oh Lord, could I just have one ace?)



**************************************************************

From the Lexington Herald Leader

The faith of a Christian brings hope,
Which strengthens my chances to cope
With life’s little quirks
As well as big jerks --

It helps me to climb like a rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment