Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Yet it Pleased the Lord to bruise him



Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him . . .
Mosiah. Chapter 14. Verse 10.

When bruises are as common as blackberries on a shrub,
When life has worn me down to nothing more than just a nub.
When sorrow and rejection hang about me like a mist,
I pray I do not see things like a cold proctologist.

If it pleases God to magnify my sorrowed heart;
If He deems it needful to stab me with one more dart;
If I am denied my tender hopes and dreams again --
Still I’ll praise Almighty God with joyful tongue and pen.

The battle tween my pride and faith continues to this day;
Thy will be done, oh Lord -- but please to try it my own way.
I may be black and blue from chance and fate, yet I suspect

That of my lasting martyrdom I am the architect!

No comments:

Post a Comment