Wednesday, December 16, 2020

today's timericks

 



I'm spending for the Holidays exactly zilch this year/Why should I go in the hole others up to cheer?/Poetry don't pay too much, and if it pays at all/I'll be darned if I must spend it in a shopping mall!


Trading online is a trend that people love these days/They think the market is a chicken they can simply braise/Trading platforms tip the wink, then gouge them greedily/Suckers never cease to think that wealth's a guarantee.  


Big Oil thinks to hide its sleaze/by the planting of new trees/paying farmers to maintain/oaks with all their fields of grain/I like trees, seen in the dawn/but who will care when we're all gone?


Goats can stomach anything/from rank weeds to napkin ring/Many use them in a clan/so their lawns are spic and span/But even goats can't swallow blight/that comes from Trump in megabyte.



No comments:

Post a Comment