Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Today's timericks.

 



There's leftovers aplenty from Xmas Day extant/I nibble on them so much I feel like a gas plant/Another choc'late orange? A slice of Gouda cheese?/Throw out that turkey dressing -- and dump the eggnog, please!


I shopped at Sears when just a boy/ to get a bike or mitt or toy/and when a suit became a must/they sold me one that didn't rust/Dependable, I always thought/I can't explain their creeping rot/But since I'm so opinionated/I'll say it's hubris accumulated.


In England sugar, fat, and salt/will soon come to a screeching halt/The Brits have taken up the cry/"Eat that stuff and you will die!"/Good luck with that, when fish & chips/means more to them than scholarships.  


People keep me in their prayers/or send me cute teddy bears/No one thinks to send me cash/when my health begins to crash/Money cannot cure disease/but it softens ev'ry sneeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment