Thursday, December 10, 2020

Verses from reading Shakespeare

 



We will give you sleepy drinks

though our conscience from us shrinks
so that you'll not testify
that our land can't satisfy
what you've left behind at home;
we're but lead to your bright chrome!


Do not sneap me, dearest friend,
if I find words without end
in the Shakespeare plays I read
which do make my eyeballs bleed.
I am having much travail
as I read The Winter's Tale!


I have tremor cordis on me;
I'm as skittish as a colt.
If I do not soon becalm myself
I'm likely off to bolt.
This reading Willy Shakespeare
is a tough nut I must crack --
otherwise I'm liable to 
succumb to heart attack!


If credent I must be with thy
glorious and welkin eye;
dearest collop, bawcock sweet,
you make me pant and sigh and bleat.


What disease I may have caught
that I feel well and yet am not
is more than I can conjure, friend;
what physick here will make amend?



There's some ill planet reigns
that means to break my heart;
accused sans any cause,
I'm forced now to depart.
Farewell, fair reputation;
destroyed beyond repair --
unfriended now, my hopes lay
with no one and nowhere.  



No comments:

Post a Comment