Friday, October 15, 2021

Today's Timericks: Banksy tried to destroy his art after it sold for $1.4 million. The shredded version just went for $25.4 million.

 


Does this mean that shredded wheat/or a slab of luncheon meat/now will sell for millions more/at the local grocery store?/Banksy, tell me man to man/could this be your master plan?


Britain’s queen expresses irritation at world leaders who won’t commit to climate summit.

Elizabeth is getting peeved/at leaders who remain deceived/and do not want to meet at all/and over climate change do stall/They'd better treat her with more dread/lest she commands "Off with their head!"


A record number of Americans are quitting their jobs. Here’s how they make money after they quit.

I quit my job again today/I need more time to think and play/My boss was rude and overbearing/not nurturing or very caring/No more Florsheims; I wear sandals/and like so many, I panhandles/9 to 5 is obsolete/I'd rather stay at home and tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment