Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A Pint of Ben & Jerry's




On Wednesday, 16 of the top 20 books on Amazon’s romance best-seller list were titles from its book-publishing arm or were self-published on Amazon’s platform.
WSJ

A pint of Ben & Jerry's and a box of tissues near;
I'm ready for a romance that will bring a wistful tear.
I love to read of heroines who find by page fifteen
a ranch hand or a pirate who is handsome, true, and clean.
Complications intervene to sever their true fate,
until a lush denouement on page 288.

So what care I if Amazon has cornered such a market?
When it comes to passion, they're the only ones can spark it!
And if it gets erotic round the edges, that's okay;
my kids will not pick up a book -- it's Minecraft fills their day.
I snuggle up with Kindle for a busty maiden's sighs
as she bounces bed to bed to test compliant guys.

I could pen a romance and to Amazon present it.
They wouldn't mind my typos or bad grammar to resent it.
Maybe clear a couple thou -- now that would be a kick --
for writing hanky-panky and then laying it on thick.
Hi ho, hi ho, an author soon I'll be for Amazon.
I'll manufacture purple prose, and dreck proceed to spawn.


************************





No comments:

Post a Comment