Saturday, July 27, 2019

As homelessness crisis grows, the Trump administration has made few new efforts

💁👸👮👯👰👲👴👵

I saw that fair haired man again, coming out of a fancy restaurant. he accosted me as if we were intimate friends of long standing:
"Hiya, Tim old boy! Howz it goin'?"
I tried to give him the brush off by walking past without remark, but he grabbed my arm, and started talking:
"know what? there ain't no such thing as a homeless person. did ya know that, huh? Here, I'll show you!"
he strode off into an alleyway, and I had to follow him -- he had stuck his hand in my coat pocket and removed my wallet. when he found a poor old soul sitting next to a dumpster he pulled out a crisp brown paper bag, wrote HOME on it with a pencil, and put it over the man's head.
"there!" he chortled. "now he's in his home." next he found an old man and woman huddled inside a large cardboard box. he gave them each a Tote brand umbrella, pulling them out of his coat like Harpo Marx. "now you've got a roof over your head" he told them cheerfully.
"can I have my wallet back, please?" I asked him. 
"it's a matter of trust" he told me. "do you trust me?"
"no" I said. 
"good. we'll negotiate a deal where I keep your wallet for you and you won't go to jail for throwing rocks at war veterans."
his logic terrified me and enthralled me, so I continued to follow him as he gave homeless people chewing gum and plastic combs. I suddenly realized he was a misunderstood saint. a patriot who loved his country like he loved his fair hair. and I began to weep.
if only his noble efforts were recognized by the media! 
at the end of the day I was hungry, thirsty, dirty, and without any money. the fair haired man gave me a packet of kleenex and a box of paper clips as he skipped merrily down the lane singing 'here we go gathering nuts in May.'
I love that guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment