Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Campers stay overnight to snag a spot for Salt Lake's Days of '47 Parade (Deseret News)

↻↻↻↻↻↻


I passed a man sitting in a lawn chair on the street this morning. I myself was feeling fine, so I stopped to ask him what he was doing, instead of hurrying on and muttering about all the crazy people in the world.
"I'm waiting for a parade" he said.
"what parade?" I asked.
"oh, any parade that might happen by." he said.
"you expecting one soon?" I asked.
"there's no telling when a parade might come lolloping past here, so I want to be prepared." he replied brightly, nothing daunted by my mounting skepticism. 
I decided he needed some grounding, so I told him that you can't have a parade down a busy street without a permit and that, what with social media nowadays, there would be notices of an upcoming parade all over the place. in other words, he was wasting his time just sitting there. It was warm out, so I started to perspire as I tried to convince him of his immense folly. he just smiled back at me and said "looking for a parade is better than missing one." I went home for a lawn chair and now we are both on the lookout for a parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment