Wednesday, July 10, 2019

I was arrested for looking too happy




I was arrested for looking too happy.
I was fined for harboring a typewriter after curfew.
They persecute me because I won't dandruff.
My bank account is closed by the authorities
after I mispronounce Schweigert.

They refuse me bail on account of Mel Gibson.
Then my lawyer runs out of cream cheese.
The judge is growing chives on his bench.
A jury of my peers all look like Jerry Colonna
in a movie with Hugh Herbert.

I can't last much longer without a waiver.
They say jail food makes you look guilty.
I still have my friends, but they read the wrong newspaper.
I'm being followed by a gnat-waisted lint processor
on a moped.

I'll go quietly, but with a great deal of noise.
Will I be crucified just to satisfy someone's knitting?
My parole officer makes me eat raw kale.
Afterwards I make a living editing graffiti
inside brick kilns.


No comments:

Post a Comment