Friday, July 12, 2019

Google and Facebook, Among Others, Face Huge Tax Bite From France and Britain



France moved on Thursday to become the first country to impose a so-called digital tax of 3 percent on the revenue companies earn from providing digital services to French users. It would apply to large companies, numbering more than two dozen, with robust annual sales in France, including United States-based Facebook, Google and Amazon. British leaders also detailed plans on Thursday to impose a similar tax, of 2 percent, on tech giants. And the European Union has also been mulling a digital tax.
NYT


The Wasatch Mountains pay heed to me.
And the pink clouds of sunrise are at my
beck and call.
Afternoon simooms tiptoe around my patio.
I'm in charge, see?

I ask the rocks for sweat.
The pigeons for song.
The sidewalk for ice cream.
Asphalt gets out of my way.
There's nothing can stick to me.
See?

Light bends around my wisdom.
Darkness dare not lap my feet.
I'm a Marvel comic book waiting
to be opened.
Got it?



No comments:

Post a Comment