Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Two Republican senators emerge as opponents to 9/11 victims bill. (WaPo)



money makes me tired.  my mother said that God threw it out the window.  my dad didn't say anything at all about it -- but he always left his trousers on a dining room chair when he went to bed, and there were always Eisenhower silver dollar coins in them -- I used to make quite a haul that way.  and when our daughter was ten I refused to pay three-hundred dollars for her to go to horse riding camp for two weeks.  not a skill set she could use in the future, the way I saw it.  but her mother forced me to pay for it by remaining calm and supportive of my resolve not to dip into our savings.  that was a dirty trick.  the more supportive she got the more I felt like a rat.  until finally I coughed it up  -- I even went down to the Goodwill Store on Larepenteur for a pair of riding boots for her.  true, they were actually old Army boots, but she never knew the difference.  after she came back from camp she never rode a horse again, and she's nearly 40 now. 
The whole thing makes me tired; let's drop the subject. 


No comments:

Post a Comment