Thursday, July 25, 2019

In ‘The Lager Queen of Minnesota,’ two long-estranged sisters are brought together by beer

👀👂👃👄👃👂👀👂👃👄


Professor Barbara teaches creative writing at the university. at least when she remembers to show up she does. I took her class years ago, before I was married, and half the time she forgot she had class because she was very involved in a DR Congo educational grant proposal that would put schools all over the country that she would be in charge of. she still is involved with Congo projects. come to think of it, she probably should retire from the university. I've been retired for years now. but she really doesn't seem to age. her red hair is just getting brighter, not fading at all. her skin is as smooth as vellum.
I wrote a novel while taking her class, but I lost the manuscript years ago. I think the title was How to Play Pinochle at the Pine Tavern. this was back in typewriter days. and after I finished typing it up I realized I hadn't paginated it -- there were no page numbers. so I numbered each page by hand, in blue ink. I submitted it to Professor Barbara as my Final, and got a B for my trouble. but she went to the Congo before I got my manuscript back and by the time she came back I had moved to Thailand. 
it might have become a bestseller. I might have never been on food stamps. and why does Professor Barbara not age? 
I saw her at the rec center just last week and she is ripe, not old. I am afraid to ask her about the past. she might shatter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment