Saturday, July 13, 2019

Huawei Plans Extensive Layoffs in the U.S. (from the WSJ)



they laid me off down at the plant.
gave me fig bars and cauliflower around my neck.
took away my can opener and broke my bust of Dale Carnegie.
presented me with a brass bound kaleidoscope, and a deck of tarot cards.
from HR.
they frog marched me past some frogs and encouraged street people to give me the bum's rush.
but little do they know I have been saving my coupons --
the coupons that turn magic elves into milk bottles and let you go bowling at sunrise.
yes, those coupons -- the ones Harold Stassen used for pomade.
that made Madame Curie dance the dance of the Seven Whales.
and put tamarind paste into the Spindletop field to increase production
by cent per cent.
so now I will rub two coupons together to start a startup
and soon I will be in a position to lay hundreds of employees off
when things get dicey
that is how America builds character into its 
infrastructure.

No comments:

Post a Comment