Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Rupert Murdoch's son drops $20 million investment on Utah virtual reality company The Void. (Deseret News)





play money is a lot of fun. a barrel of laughs. I mostly use Monopoly money, getting a chuckle out of cashiers when I flash it around. sometimes I pull out a 20 baht bill I got in Thailand, or a 20 peso note from Zion's Bank -- I once filled up a ceramic cookie jar with 10 and 20 peso notes for the grand kids to fish out at Christmas.  occasionally, if I think I can get away with it, I just design my own currency on green card stock, to see if I can get away with it.  I almost did at a Maverick store early one morning.
I couldn't sleep so I got up at 3 in the morning and walked over to the Maverick on Center Street for a bottle of chocolate milk.  the overnight clerk looked so otherworldly and tired that I handed her one of my cardboard greenbacks, which she started to make change for. then she caught on and her weary frown turned into a grimace of hate. people without a sense of humor are the bane of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment