Friday, July 30, 2021

Is Bitcoin a religion? If not, it soon could be. (Andrew Fenton for Cointelegraph Magazine.)


 

"Every atom in the universe through heat and energy transfer, one day will become literally Bitcoin.”

Hass McCook.


Hass McCook, for one, does preach

that bitcoin heals the soul's sad breach.

*

He claims that cyber-coin contains

more power than most hurricanes

to lead us to the Promised Land

without restraint or reprimand.

*

We may be but Satoshi bits

but never are we counterfeits!

*

I find this bitcoin gospel odd --

though many think of cash as God.

*

The love of bitcoin is the root

of making people destitute.

*

At least that is my heathen notion

of such crypto-coin devotion.

*

But people love deep mysteries

and bitcoin has complexities,

with block chains up upon a cloud

to overawe the naive crowd.

*

Digital religion seems

to be the stuff of childish dreams.

*

Temples, chapels, synagogues --

all are going to the dogs;

young folk go to cyberspace

to find wisdom, wealth, and grace.

*

Filthy lucre, once despised,

now is very highly prized,

ballyhooed and sanitized,

keeping people mesmerized.

*

But I am no religious crank;

I'll keep my pittance in the bank.

And when I sit upon a pew

it's peace, not wealth, that I'll accrue.

*

The road to hell is paved, maybe,

with worshiping mere BTC.









1 comment:

  1. The only question that remains
    Can I tithe with Bitcoin gains?

    ReplyDelete