Thursday, July 1, 2021

Today's Timericks: Marking Party’s Centennial, Xi Warns That China Will Not Be Bullied. (NYT)

 



One hundred years ago today/the Reds in China came to stay/The peasants shouted out 'Hooray!"/Then Mao began a lot to slay/He purged 'em good, I've got to say/to make 'em love the Party's way/Congrats to Xi and all the rest/(though Hong Kong may not think it's blessed.)


Surprise medical bills happen when a doctor or other provider who isn’t in a patient’s insurance network is unexpectedly involved in a patient’s care. Patients may go to a hospital that accepts their insurance, for example, but get treatment from emergency room physicians or anesthesiologists who don’t — and who then send patients big bills directly.

(NYT)

I think that I shall never see/a bill as sizable as thee/Oh hospital, oh doctors dear/I cannot pay this bill I fear/So come and break my knee caps quick/before again I may take sick. 


Lawn care is going electric. And the revolution is here to stay.

(WaPo)

Sputtering old hunk of junk/putting my yard in a funk/power mower, get thee hence/I'll toss you over nearest fence/Now my grass is silent mowed/tho my 'lectric bill's a load.

No comments:

Post a Comment