Saturday, July 10, 2021

Today's Timericks: “It’s actually crazy how outdated it is.” People born after AOL Mail was invented seem to prefer to communicate in almost any other way. (NYT)

 



I'm a fuddy-duddy and I bet you are one too/burning up my email with my ancient point of view/Writing letters as a youth with postage ever rising/sending emails all for free was very appetizing/Now I learn I'm nothing but a relic of the past/and email is outdated as the work of Thomas Nast. 


The Japanese Beetles are Back.

(NYT)

Popillia japonica are back again this year/filling green thumb toilers with anxiety and fear/A highly mobile insect are these beetle herbivores/spoiling blooms and produce as it chews and sucks and bores/Action must be taken that's effective and more drastic/otherwise we're dealing with our roses being plastic!


Iceland tested a 4-day workweek. Employees were productive — and happier, researchers say.

(WaPo)

I suggest a work week that begins on Friday eve/and ends first thing on Saturday, and nobody will grieve/I practiced this for thirty years; results were gratifying/Of course we didn't eat much and my wife was always crying . . . 


The season of the yard sale is upon us once again/you can get a deck chair or a leaky fountain pen/ante up your dollars for a bargain that will grace/your home forever after and your living room debase!

No comments:

Post a Comment