Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Today's Timericks: Biden Calls for Door-to-Door Vaccine Push; Experts Say More Is Needed. (NYT)

 




Now they're going door to door/on their knees they do implore/everyone to get a shot/You will heed them, will you not?/Or do you expect to last/till Gabriel blows final blast?/Foolish mortal, don't you know/Mother Nature's a yobbo? 


North America Has Its Hottest June on Record.

(NYT)

The month of June/now makes us swoon/The heat's intense/it makes no sense/No one survives/with decent lives/when climate change/becomes this strange.


Good news: The weddings are back on! Bad news: You have to go to all of them.

(WaPo)

I never go to weddings/I find them declasse/The seating is confusing/just like bad macrame/The ministers all mumble/the food is catered blight/If people want to marry/they should elope at night!



Lord, the scorching heat these days/reminds me I must mend my ways/lest the flames of keen regret/burn me like a cigarette/Help me better thoughts to breed/and call on Thee in all my need!

No comments:

Post a Comment