Friday, November 11, 2016

Never left alone

 "We are never left alone as we work in His vineyard."    David A. Bednar.


I toiled my best in sun and rain, in wind and bitter cold;
my fingers knotted with the strain, I finally grew old.
My usefulness was over, as my legs and arms gave way;
to illness and to poverty I now would be a prey.
But then a mood stole over me, twas almost a caress;
it seemed to say "My friend, I have much more for you -- not less!"
And then I understood at last the Savior's great delight
in helping me through all my days and ev'ry chilly night,
and that He had prepared for me rare comforts not a few;
even now they fall on me as kindly as the dew.
The vineyard's not a dreary place; the work there not in vain. 
The rivers flow so kindly there, and swallow up my pain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment