Tuesday, November 8, 2016

When faith falters

"Just as we should open our arms in a spirit of welcoming new converts, so too should we embrace and support those who have questions and are faltering in their faith."     M. Russell Ballard.  


Each day brings new conversion to my weary questing soul;
some days it also brings about a doubt about the whole.
My path should be much straighter, and the incline less severe;
why is it I still struggle and cannot find simple cheer?
I look beyond the mark to find my faith become a blur;
are my doubts legitimate or really just a slur?
And then I see another who is faltering up ahead,
who cannot hold together all that's in his heart and head.
I find my qualms receding as I give that guy a smile
and tell him it's tough sledding but I'll go with him a mile.
We help each other stumble on, with focus on each other,
as my diffidence disappears while helping out my brother.
Though doubts may linger on, I find no need to referee
the game as it is played by tyros just like you and me!
For Christ is at the head and in the heart of all who try
to follow his example in this world gone all awry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment