Monday, November 7, 2016

a welcome knocking on my door

"Many who are suspicious of churches nevertheless have a love for the Savior."   Dallin H. Oaks.

The pews are hard, the floor is cold, the stain glass window dim;
is this the place where I must go to find and follow Him?
I do not know these people here, and they do not know me;
I wonder can these strangers know the Man from Galilee?

The gatekeepers accumulate, wherever I may turn,
handing out requirements His love to somehow earn.
These megachurches and storefronts; just how am I to know
which is recognized by God without a real halo? 

And then it comes to me at last; no building do I need
to worship in simplicity without a rigid creed.
I fall upon my knees at home, His guidance to implore -- 
and when I rise there comes a welcome knocking on my door . . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment