Saturday, November 26, 2016

How often do I talk of Christ?

And they were also conversing about this Jesus Christ, of whom the sign had been given concerning his death.    3 Nephi 11:2

How often do I talk of Christ outside of Sunday School,
Creator of the cosmos and the blessed Golden Rule?
How frequently do I invoke his teachings in my life,
the scriptures he inspired to end all my grief and strife?
Not take his name in vain as television preachers do,
but speak about his nature -- loving, wise, and always true.
His melancholy sacrifice that from Golgotha led
to atonement and redemption as my sacred Head.
Tis not enough; tis not enough -- his name upon my lips
should be as nectar flowing that my soul unceasing sips! 
O help me talk with dignity and words not multiply,
and never say a word that might His life re-crucify!





No comments:

Post a Comment