Sunday, November 6, 2016

A moment of prayer

"So a moment of prayer is a very, very sacred moment. He is not one to say, “No, I will not listen to you now because you only come to me when you are in trouble.” Only men do that. He is not one to say, “Oh, you cannot imagine how busy I am now.” Only men say that."   Juan A. Uceda.


When a child of mine comes calling I cannot begin to say
how very much it blesses and then fortifies my day.
It doesn't matter what they want or what their mood may be;
the fact that they have come at all is manna sweet for me.

And when they're far away and distant, never stopping by,
my old heart grows so heavy that I think that I may cry.
I yearn to hear their voices and to see their face once more;
to tell them of the blessings that will always be in store.

And so I guess our Father up above must think the same
as we struggle here below to call upon His name.
No matter how we form the words or where we choose the place,
the Father of all mercies will regard us, and embrace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment