Friday, November 18, 2016

Restaurant Review: Good Thyme Cafe. Provo, Utah

The feeling of having dined well is a rare and cherished experience for me. So often I have to settle for warmed over mediocrity or stale overly processed calories. Today I'm happy to announce that Good Thyme Cafe, on Center Street in downtown Provo, provides the kind of good, well-cooked food a man of distinction (or even a slob like myself) can savor and appreciate. Everything is locally produced and minimally processed; at long last I have found a safe haven where I and all my children, no matter what kind of diet they are on, can feast together in full felicity.

 This locavore paradise features numerous fresh salad combinations, along with soups that will put hair on your chest and heavy duty trencherman stuff like loaded mashed potatoes, grilled brussel sprouts, and spare ribs that are not at all spare.


I went ala carte, which was a little pricey, but I had to sample as much as I could. Pork posole. Shrimp and pine nut pasta. Beets in vinaigrette. Tomatoes and mint.Tender and succulent chicken breasts luxuriating in a red chili sauce that was impudent but not overpowering. They have their own bakery, with plenteous samples set out to entrap the unwary sweet tooth, so I topped things off with a large puckery lemon bar that had candied lavender sprinkled on top. A pear basil lemonade washed it all down -- with free refills. It set me back $25.57, but my money has never been better spent.

 I spent an additional one hundred bucks to get gift cards for my kids. I was going to Scrooge my way through Christmas this year -- but this place is just too good to deny my beamish boys and girls.
This place is awarded an unprecedented Five Burps. And I may just retire after my meal there. I don't believe there is another restaurant anywhere that can satisfy me like Good Thyme did today. So why bother to keep searching?


No comments:

Post a Comment