Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Restaurant Review: Los Hermanos. Provo, Utah.

Located on Center Street in downtown Provo, this place serves good food. They start you out with a generous portion of chips and salsa. Their special fruit smoothies are touched with sweetness but not overpowering -- they use fruit sherbets instead of crushed ice. The place deserves to be crowded night and day. And usually is.


My daughter Sarah had the fish tacos and I had Chile Rellenos. Lance had the Little Amigo plate. We had Guadalajara guacamole for an appetizer, and two special fruit drinks. It all came to $45.67. I was so busy with my big helping that I hardly looked at the decor, which features original Hispanic paintings and rows of  colorful pinatas.

 The grand kids had to monkey with their water and straws until the table top was a swamp. This reminded me of a funny story which I began to tell Sarah, but then forgot the punch line. So I threw some refried beans at her as a distraction . . .

Sarah's fruit drink was full of kiwi fruit. Mine was full of strawberries. Sarah let her kids drink most of her fruit drink. I wouldn't let the little finks get near mine -- I mean, I love the little weasels, but you've got to draw the line somewhere!


I don't know why I pulled such a cretinous face for this photograph, except that I have a lingering case of the creeping crud that is making its way up and down Utah Valley -- half the people I know have come down with it, and nobody yet has fully recuperated. I myself think it's the dirty air we get here in winter. I told Sarah that in a few more years you would only be able to drive your car on even or odd days, not both. She doesn't believe me.
Anyway. This place get Four Burps. Bring anyone you like here; and you should especially bring me here as often as you can if you don't want a gypsy curse hurled at you.



No comments:

Post a Comment