Saturday, November 19, 2016

Restaurant Review: Marley's. Provo, Utah.

The concept of 'sliders' is unknown outside of the United States. Ask a Brit what a slider is and he or she will likely say "Someone batting a sticky wicket, what?" A German might reply "Ein kinder mit der playground, ja?" And a Thai might say "Ting tang walla walla bing bang!" (Thais are very retro.)

Let's set the record straight; a slider is not a bad hamburger. It is a miniature gem of the meat kingdom, small enough, in theory, to slide down your throat in one delirious gulp. Although I personally don't recommend you try it, not with a slider from Marley's. They go to the trouble of putting lettuce, pickle, onion, and a tomato slice, as well as a piece of American cheese on it; making it rather more difficult to slide down your throat than, say, a whole mango.

At 100 North and Center, Marley's is well-located for business; but the shop itself is dinky and run by a one-man staff. They feature a 2 slider, french fries, and pie milkshake, combo for $13.50. I took a video of the guy making my pie shake; you can view it at my Facebook page if you so wish. Timothy R Torkildson.
It was good grub. I'm sure my kids are having fantods at the thought of me soaking up the cholesterol and calories at Marley's, but I promise to not eat there again for a good long while. The combo is rich to the point of surfeit.
I enjoyed putting on the feedbag there, and to add to my felicity a group of tween cheerleaders happened to stop by for a mess of carbs and grease prior to a competition.  Good luck to you, Macs Cheer Leading Club! A good look at you did more for my poor old heart than an electrocardiogram.

I'm giving this place Three Burps Plus. The food is just what you would expect from a place trying to ape a retro malt shop. All they need is a jukebox. With the slower metabolism of yours truly, I doubt I'll feel like eating another meal today, after my brunch at Marley's at 11:30 a.m. In fact, I just may go into hibernation until Boxing Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment