Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Photo Essay: Bodies in Motion at the Provo Recreation Center

I sat in the lobby of the Rec Center after my Senior Aquatic Aerobics Class, too tired to walk home. So I recorded people coming and going -- with no background story or narrative. Without much focus. There is no meaning to these photographs -- unless you supply it yourself. But . . . who knows, maybe you're in one of them . . .








After a while, sitting there, the moving people became surreal to me. I was not interacting with them, just observing them. I was not wondering about their lives or thoughts -- to me they were just Alexander Calder mobiles. So . . . am I an artist or a madman?

Or merely a voyeur?

Body in Red and White



This woman made eye contact with me




Triptych: Man in Orange T Shirt









****************************************************************

Project title:  “What I Saw at the Circus”
Work in all mediums accepted.
Deadline:  December 29, 2017
There is no entry fee
All submissions become the property of the Provo Museum of Mail Art
All submissions will be on display at the Provo Museum of Mail Art for
approximately eight weeks after being received.
Please send electronic submissions to torkythai911@gmail.com
Please mail submissions to:
The Provo Museum of Mail Art
℅ Tim Torkildson
650 West 100 North  #115

Provo Utah 84601  USA

No comments:

Post a Comment