Monday, June 26, 2017

Restaurant Review: Breakfast at Cubby's. Provo.


So I decided on breakfast at Cubby's this morning afer my workout at the Provo Rec Center. I call it a workout . . . more like floating around in the pool like a jellyfish for 35 minutes to work up an appetite. But be that as it may, I was intrigued by their breakfast menu. There are many strange and wonderful things listed on it.



I got there around 9:30, and the place was busy -- everybody and their dog wanted to eat breakfast at Cubby's, it seemed. I bet the staff was already feeling their bunions . . .



I ordered the huevos rancheros. As you can see from the photos above, it came in a ramekin -- dios mio! This flaccid combination of eggs, bacon shards, corn tortilla strips, diced tomatoes, and a scattering of black beans, cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called huevos rancheros. It was a fraud and an insult. Rather than pull out my pistolas and start banging away like Pancho Villa, I sullenly ate my concoction. To paraphrase Comic Book Guy -- "Worst huevos rancheros EVER!"
I paid $9.50 for this abomination, with no fountain drink included. No Burps whatsoever for this dismal desayuno.


No comments:

Post a Comment