Thursday, November 9, 2017

Instant Ramen Noodle Review: Feng Tien Mushroom Flavored. From Taiwan. With a can of braised Eel.



There's very little English on this package of instant ramen noodles. Just enough to know that you put the noodles in a bowl, add boiling water, and wait 3 to 6 minutes. Because my stomach has a death wish this morning, I'm adding a can of Asian Taste brand braised eels. And some scallions. In lieu of flowers, please send cash donations to the Tim Torkildson Bachelors Don't Know How to Eat Fund.



Turns out the canned braised eels wasn't such a bad idea after all. Kinda dry and sweet.
The noodles had that nice mouth feel I associate with a decent comfort food. And the broth was savory without an in-your-face sodium blast. Not even a hint of mushroom, though.
Taken all in all, this is a fine instant ramen noodle. Wish I could give you its English brand name, but I can't find it anywhere on the bag.

Now I'm going to write a few limericks (they fit on Twitter now, y'know) and take a nap prior to ambling over to the Provo Senior Citizen's Center for my lunch -- garlic roast beef with new potatoes. Life just doesn't get much better for someone as attached to my belly as I am . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment