Sunday, November 5, 2017

Why I Don't Travel Anymore




Why bother going round the globe in search of the quixotic,
When my apartment building offers so much that’s exotic?
For botanizing pleasure all I need’s the laundry room,
Where faulty drains are filled with mold and fungi’s vivid bloom.

Amidst this verdant splendor there are animals galore
That residents walk in the halls, where they can leave their spoor.
I’ve seen the nimble spider at his work near smoke detector,
And marveled at the dumpster divers sipping their sweet nectar.

And I could spend a lifetime on the study of the quirks
Belonging to the many tribes of janitors and clerks.
All the world’s within my view; I’ve little need to wander
To find all sorts of ambience on which to deeply ponder!  


No comments:

Post a Comment