Monday, November 6, 2017

Instant Ramen Noodle Review: Tongkotsu Ramen. Sapparo Ichiban brand.





This morning's instant ramen noodles are made in the USA -- although the packaging is labeled in Japan. (I can't figure that one out, either.) It requires boiling for 3 minutes before adding the chicken flavor packet. I'm going to add some black beans for body and substance. No egg this morning -- I had a cheese omelette last night. Hey, I forgot . . . I've got a couple of elderly white mushrooms loitering in the fridge -- chopped up, in they go! 




The ramen was a success. Noodles firm. Broth savory. The addition of mushrooms was a stroke of genius on my part, if I do say so myself. The black beans . . . eh, not so much. White beans would go better. Navy beans.
Now I've got a pot to clean up -- that's the only downside, I reckon.


No comments:

Post a Comment