Saturday, November 11, 2017

Planters Mixed Nuts Are a Fraud!



The holidays are drawing near and yet I never learn
A can of mixed nuts always leaves me with severe heartburn.
It’s not because Brazil nuts are a toxin to my gut;
Nor is it on cashews that I so unwisely glut.


The label says that less than half are peanuts, yet I find
That goobers will predominate before the can is mined.
I’ve nothing against peanuts, but when products guarantee
I won’t be finding many I believe them thoroughly.


So when I grab a handful of mixed nuts to celebrate
The richness of the season, it begins to really grate
That all I get are peanuts -- not an almond is in sight.

Planters, you have tricked me once again -- and that ain’t right!


Joseph Palazzolo of the Wall Street Journal emails his reaction:

"It's so true. Peanuts predominate. Thank you for channeling my grievance."

No comments:

Post a Comment