Thursday, July 16, 2020

Timericks from headlines in today's Wall Street Journal



Store Reopenings Likely Boosted June Sales, but Virus Threatens Future Gains.

Why go into stores, I ask/when I have to wear a mask/I will stay home and online/shop for stuff that's mighty fine/Amazon can take the chance/when I buy a pair of pants.



Eviction Looms for Millions of Americans Who Can’t Afford Rent.

Old MacDonald had a shack/but the mortgage he did lack/when the rent came due once more/out he shot like meteor/No hiatus from the bank/for this archetypal Yank.


In Texas, a Doctor Fights the Surge and Gets Covid-19; ‘I Cry Every Day’

In Texas you had better stick/to never getting very sick/Their hospitals are overflowed/and tending patients sure has slowed/So if you come down with the chills/just take some melatonin pills.





No comments:

Post a Comment