Saturday, July 4, 2020

Timericks from stories by Gwynn Guilford, Nancy Keates, Joe Morgenstern, and Annie Karni.

Gwynn Guilford, reporter and Swedish Meatball enthusiast.


Driving Over Air Travel, Takeout Over Cafes: Pandemic Shapes Consumption.
@sinoceros

Driving and takeout is how I respond/since I am cautious and also beau monde/The world ain't a safe place to gather and drool/It's online for shopping and working and school/I drive by myself, want no waiters about/I'm wearing a mask and will catch my own trout.



Nancy Keates, reporter and anchovy enthusiast.


Your Summer Escape Hits a Detour: Quarantine Chaos.
@nkeates

Crossing state lines on a jaunt/is complicated as Detente/Must you wear a mask inside/or does this state just let it slide/Must you prove you're Covid-free/Will they take your temp for free/All the rules go inconsistent/when your travel plans are distant/No summer break for me this year/I'll stay at home and just drink beer.


Joe Morgenstern, reporter and amateur magician.

Netflix Review: The Old Guard.
@JoeMorgenstern

Since the Cineplex is closed/I am getting discomposed/Not that I don't like Netflix/but their shows are all cake mix/Formulaic to the max/The writer's brains must be of wax/Big screen movies, too, did splutter/but I sure loved their popcorn butter.


Reporter Annie Karni, recent winner of nothing much in particular.


Trump Uses Mount Rushmore Speech to Deliver Divisive Culture War Message.
@anniekarni

There is no virus anymore/So says Trump at Mount Rushmore/Instead, the peril lies with those/who leftist fascist teachings chose/and now will make our country weak/by uplifting the common geek/and putting curtains on our faces/so we can't tell apart the races/This cancel culture must be stopped/and Trump stern measures will adopt/if we give him four more years/I think I'll laugh -- then shed some tears.




No comments:

Post a Comment