Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Timericks from headlines in today's Washington Post.



White House tells 18 million unemployed workers to ‘Find Something New’ in ad campaign.

Our Land of Opportunity will give it to you straight/Find another function -- you must learn to pull your weight/Unemployment benefits are not from Santa Claus/Go and harvest lettuce or cut timber with chainsaws/Find your new beginning, even if you're old and sick/Anyone can mop a floor or start to carry brick!


Ivanka Trump posts photo holding Goya beans, draws criticism for using her position to promote a product.



I like Goya refried beans/they go good with collard greens/I ain't feeling any ache/that their CEO's a flake/I like food already canned/So I will use the Goya brand/If my cuisine you castigate/I hope you sit upon a krait.


Disappearances in Mexico rose during López Obrador’s first year, now top 73,000.

Come to Mexico, senor/You will drop right through the floor/You will not be seen again/though we search with many men/Finally we tell your kids/sorry, he just hit the skids.


No comments:

Post a Comment