Monday, July 6, 2020

Timericks from stories by Amrith Ramkumar, Shan Li, Santiago Perez and Liz Alderman,

Tim Torkildson, creator of the 'timerick' and Kleenex recycler.

*************************************************************



Shan Li. WSJ.
Amrith Ramkumar. WSJ. 


U.S. crude supply is falling at its quickest pace ever, easing a global oil glut and spurring a swift recovery in fuel prices.
@AmrithRamkumar

I guess I should be happy for investors in big oil/rising prices should relieve a bit of their turmoil/And there should be more jobs created in the industry/which should alleviate a bit of common misery/But still and all when gasoline my wallet starts to dredge/I can't help feeling upset, with my dentures all on edge!


Masks and Makeup Don’t Mix, So Cosmetic Fans Seek Permanent Fix.
@ByShanLi   @PerezEnMexico

My face is ugly as can be/a mask will hide it gracefully/nobody sees my horrid lips/my crooked nose or acne chips/you gals who worry of concealment/just be glad it's not revealment!



Santiago Perez. WSJ


The pandemic is propelling a shift toward a cashless society in ways that no other single event has. Experts say that’s not necessarily a good thing.
@LizAldermanNYT



LIz Alderman.  NYT.


I haven't got a dollar in my pocket at this time/so going
cashless is to me a very easy climb/My plastic is exhausted -- 
debit/credit, all the same/If I were any broker Weary Willie'd 
be my name!


No comments:

Post a Comment