Monday, July 13, 2020

Timericks from stories by Allison Prang, Joe Flint, and Rachel Pannett.

Allison Prang.  WSJ.  



California Governor Says Indoor Operations for Bars, Restaurants, Movie Theaters Must Close.
@AllisonPrang


California's Golden Gates/have swung shut as it now waits/for the virus to explode/once again in Death Star mode/The Gov thought maybe they could fudge/but that ol' virus has a grudge/Now he's closing shop again/for ev'ryone, from mice to men.




Peacock, NBCUniversal’s New Streaming Service, Joins Crowded Field at Challenging Time.
@JBFlint   @Lilliannnn  

Streaming entertainment, news/sport and talking heads that schmooze/is a concept I downplay/cuz I do not want to pay/Call me cheap and dull -- a schnook/For free I'll just enjoy a book!



Jumbled Covid-19 Border Rules Baffle Companies, Stymie Tourism.
@RachelPannett

Crossing borders nowadays/is a baffling polonaise/All the steps you have to take/to avoid a big mistake/would make Fred Astaire confused/And still your entry is refused/Me, I'll stay put right inside/and read my little TV Guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment