Tuesday, August 8, 2017

HEADLINES & VERSE. Tuesday. August 8. 2017

LAB MICE MAY HOLD THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS FOR WOMEN

There once was a woman whose weight
Gave her a lumbering gait.
She said “Woe is me,
Lab mice ought to be

Probed for my cure by the crate!”


PERU HAS LOST MOST OF ITS GLACIERS, YET VILLAGERS REFUSE TO ACCEPT GLOBAL WARMING AS THE CAUSE

There once was a mob in Peru
Who thought global warming was fou.
With sticks and with stones
They smashed gauging cones --
And swam away without ado.



JOB FAIRS RARELY LEAD TO FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT

My circumstances need a change; they’ve sunk a bit too low.
So I’ll attend a job fair to increase my weak cash flow.

With resumes and bizness suit I trod the many aisles
Of booths and give them my best pitch -- with many sincere smiles.

Responses are lukewarm at best; although their signs declare
They are seeking workers, they don’t seem to really care.

When the fair is over all my resumes are gone,
And all I’ve got is bus fare and a KFC coupon.

Tomorrow I will try again a job to find and hold
Before the pork and beans run out and I have grown too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment