Thursday, August 3, 2017

Restaurant Review: Aubergine & Company. Orem, Utah.

Aubergine & Company serve greens, grains, legumes, and salmon, in various combinations, and always for immodest prices. But then, fresh greens and grains are now more trendy and expensive than Kobe beef. Go figure.

I met my son Adam and former wife Amy at the Orem store for lunch. He got there ten minutes prior to Amy and I, and had already ordered and consumed half of his meal. Which was fine by me, since Amy and I were supposed to pay for -- we dodged that bullet. He ordered two full-course plates.

                          That boy loves his broccoli 


It bothers me that this place, like many others in Utah Valley, equate freshness with flavor. My taste buds don't recognize 'raw' as a flavor or distinct taste.

Never trust a young person dressed in black -- that color is reserved for clergy and funerals.


Amy said the salmon was 'just fine,' but Adam insisted it was dry


I ordered seven dollars worth of tomato basil soup. Too much!


Our interesting luncheon conversation centered on the fact that son Adam is not in the least ticklish. His mother didn't believe him, so here they are in a posh restaurant checking things out. I was so embarrassed at their louche behavior I almost stopped picking my nose. 
I give this place 3 Burps -- I didn't especially care for it, but both Amy and Adam eat here all the time and they are considered the wise ones in the family. Me, I'm the doofus sitcom dad -- just pay the bills and shut up . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment