Friday, September 4, 2020

Keeping a closed mind.

 




"We're going to reopen your mind again"

said the little man.

"It's too early" I told him.

"I'm not ready to accept new

and unknown ideas -- they might be

infectious."

"That's a chance we're willing to take"

said the little man, adjusting his glasses

and straightening his necktie. 

Like this was some sort of news 

conference or something.

"I'm against it" I told him.

"I'm going on record as against it."

"In fact" I continued, 

"I'll get an injunction!"

So I did.

The judge was very accommodating.

He said opening my mind to the world

would be tantamount to premeditated

murder.

So for now my mind remains shut.

Nothing and nobody gets in.

And nobody and nothing gets out.

Once a month a box of sterile

cliches arrives -- 

and that's quite enough for me

to get along on, thank you very 

much.

I just wish the stores

would hurry and restock

brain sanitizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment