Friday, September 4, 2020

Timericks from stories in today's New York Times.

 



The economic strain of the coronavirus pandemic has more Americans turning to food banks and charity for help feeding their families.


Charity and kindness are old Hunger's grand design;

he wants us to be famished for the sake of our waistline.

Rich or poor, he labors to see that we all lose some weight

by killing the economy and stealing from out plate.

We ought to thank him deeply that our food's in short supply;

for skeletons are graceful and are known to be quite spry.


 What to do if a bat gets in your house. 


Should a bat get in my hut,

I would go insane somewhat;

for such creatures of the night

give me nothing much but fright.

Chittering and gnashing sharp

teeth mean I'll go under tarp

and not ever reappear

till my wife tells me 'All Clear.'



As He Questions His Opponent’s Health, Trump Finds His Own Under Scrutiny.


Fibbing gives you lungs of steel;

ignorance, a happy feel.

Tweeting all the livelong day

chases ev'ry germ away.

Do you wonder that our Boss

is as healthy as a hoss?


Most Businesses Were Unprepared for Covid-19. Domino’s Delivered.


Imperishable pizza, you're a godsend to my days;

you never cease to fill me with anchovies and amaze.

I love your little dimples where the sauce pools red and bright;

who else is there to comfort me when sleepless late at night?

They cannot take away your crust, or banish pepperoni;

otherwise I think my heart shall turn to chalcedony!



No comments:

Post a Comment