Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Timericks from stories in today's Wall Street Journal.

 



U.S. Stock Futures Rise After Tech Selloff

Stocks and bonds that fluctuate

nothing but great stress create.

I'm so risk averse, it seems,

that I'm always sweating streams.

So instead of Wall Street dread

I keep my money in my bed!



Trump Is Targeting the Suburbs, But They’re Not All Alike.


Suburbs lost their shopping malls.

And they've spurned their Barbie dolls.

They are wising up to things

and have cut their apron strings.

So if Trump still wants their vote

he will have to drain his moat.



A four-legged robot is prowling Ford’s 2-million-square-foot plant to map the space, freeing up engineers for other tasks.

Robot dogs are here at last;

they don't rest and they are fast.

They don't leave behind a mess;

and they never bark, I guess.

But they never will play catch

or sit down to have a scratch.

Don't give kids a robot dog;

they prefer one analog.






No comments:

Post a Comment