Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Excellent Vines

 



These are excellent vines.

They come from America.

Won't you buy some?

They are resilient and versatile.

So fine for mushroom baskets.

So strong for welcome mats.

So loyal to make flags with.

Please buy my vines.

My master will beat me

if I don't sell them all

by sundown.

Every strand comes from America.

America! Where there is freedom

to grow and fruit like a vine.

America! Great farmers who

grow rich from their fat soil.

America! Where the mailman

delivers your vote.

You can burn these vines

in your stove.

For warmth, or to heat stew.

They are very aromatic.

And lucky, too.

Tie one around your

true love's neck,

and they will never stray.

If you will buy my excellent vines

I will throw in this 

excellent 

red plastic bucket.

For free.

See, the sun is setting.

I don't want to be beaten again.

In America, I think,

they just throw these vines

in the trash.

And no one gets beaten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment