Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Timericks from stories in today's New York Times.

 




The Biden ad, part of a $45 million one-week television and digital purchase that is by far the campaign’s largest to date, comes as the Democratic nominee pushes back against President Trump’s attacks.


Spending for the campaign is certainly immense.
Seems they are determined not to spare the least expense.
If I had a million of that chunk of change they've got,
I'd become a pirate on my rakish little yacht!



It’s only September, but Santa Claus is already nervous about coming to town.

I'm so broke that Christmas time this year will be a farce.
My purse is full of aphids and my bank account is sparse.
If Santa doesn't come through with bright packages galore,
my kids are gonna start up with another long Cold War!


Trump Says Some Really Strange Things. Republicans Say No Comment, Again.

Riddle me this, O White House savants:
How does he do it with such nonchalance?
Outrageous statements that turn statesmen grey,
and ignorance that would shame old Dennis Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment