Friday, November 19, 2021

Today's Timerick: Airlines Gird for Thanksgiving Travel Test After Rocky Year

 


The time has come, the time is near

to visit relatives so dear.

And so upon the plane I board

with nothing but a harpsichord.

I never bring my luggage now

cuz it gets so lost anyhow --

I'd rather get insurance paid

on some antique that is mislaid.

My seat has shrunk since last I flew;

they must think I'm an allen screw.

The meal I'm served is vulcanized

and so stale it has crystallized. 

The in-flight movie is so dull

it's cracking up my fragile skull.

And in the seat right next to me

a man is snoring blissfully.

He shifts his bulk to block my view

of anything but his muumuu. 

And then it's time to you-know-what,

but how will I get past this nut?

My busted bladder's not severe;

I just won't fly again this year . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment