Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Timerick: Gas Prices Pressure Drivers’ Finances

 


When driving down the road of life

you have to meet a little strife;

but when the price of gas explodes

you can't afford those handy roads!


Instead you stay at home and sulk

or as pedestrian go skulk

on sidewalks, paths, in alleyways --

muttering of 'end of days.'


A bicycle will melt some fat --

if you can be an acrobat.

Or try a skateboard, gnarly dude,

if you have got the fortitude.


Public transport would be nice

if buses smelled like edelweiss.

And trains showed up on time, you know;

instead of running awful slow.


A horse might do the trick, by Jove!

But then, it costs a treasure trove

to feed it in a stable where

they cater to the millionaire.


If I had wings, O how I'd soar

these holidays like pterosaur!

Back to the family manse I'd flit

around the Xmas tree to sit,

cracking nuts and singing Yule 

instead of feeling like a fool

by bumming rides with Uncle Fred

who drives his car like some bobsled.


But who am I to so complain,

about gas prices inhumane?

I'll drive my car but once a year,

and travel just for Xmas cheer!


No comments:

Post a Comment