Thursday, July 13, 2017

Headlines & Verse. Thursday. July 13. 2017


BERNIE SANDERS SAYS HE'LL TRY HIS LUCK AGAIN IN 2020.  


In old men there often is hope
That they still will have enough rope
To hog tie and brand
Some stratagem grand --

Most often tis but a vain grope.



Republicans like to say ‘nay.’
It makes them feel happy all day.
Positive action
Is just an abstraction --
If they can’t destroy, they delay.



My radishes come from Brazil.
From Mexico grapes make their way.
My salad has lettuce and scallions
Produced down in old Paraguay.

I also enjoy figs and dates
That hail from Sahara extremes.
Organic and non-GMO,
It’s healthy and wholesome, meseems.

But now, if I understand right,
Wastewater is used for these crops.
So no more fresh produce for me --
I might as well glut on porkchops




THIS JUST IN: MORMONS HAVE LOTS OF KIDS!

A Mormon who’s single inspires
The fear of eternal hell fires.
The LDS creed
Demands planting seed,

Before any singing in choirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment