Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The New York Times Mail Art Project. Part Six.

I am working in poster paints today, which may have been a gaffe. The Wasatch Front is covered in clouds and mist today, so the humidity left my mail art pieces flaccid and soggy for most of the day. Then again, I was using the really cheap RoseArt Brand -- the kind you find stocked in the School Supplies aisle at Fresh Market Foods.
Be that as it may, I didn't even bother getting a brush to use with my poster paint. I figured I'd go for the old finger painting look -- something both childish and amateurish. And since I was doing the American flag, it kinda felt just right -- a deliberate reflection of the current Administration.



When notified by email of his participation in this project, he shot back this query: um okay, what do I do with it?








Mr. Palazollo responded via email:  "I'm honored! I will look out for my parcel. And once it arrives, I will gaze upon your art and reflect on the messiness of this era."

No comments:

Post a Comment